Nintendo have finally learnt how to internet and have updated the 3DS to link it to your Wii U and to remove transfer restrictions.
The version 7.0.0-13U update allows users to sign into existing Nintendo Network IDs and deposit and share digital currency through either the 3DS or Wii U. Nintendo warns that, if users register the wrong Nintendo Network ID on their 3DS, they will be unable to combine balances with the Wii U, so it urges caution.
The latest update also added Miiverse to the 3DS, removes a previous restriction on system transfers (once limited to five) and tweaks camera initiation from the home screen, which now requires both L and R buttons be pressed simultaneously.
Here’s the full list of updates, via NeoGAF:
Added Support for Nintendo Network IDs:
- Users can now create or link a Nintendo Network ID, which is required to use some network services, from within System Settings
- Nintendo eShop has been updated to support Nintendo Network IDs (*1)
- For more information regarding Nintendo Network IDs, please visit our Nintendo Network ID introduction page
Added Support for Miiverse:
- Users can now view and post to Miiverse from Nintendo 3DS family systems
- For more information regarding Miiverse, please visit our Miiverse introduction page
Added a Software Update Notification:
- A notification will now display when software is started and update data is available (*2)
Removed the limit to system transfers:
- The previous limit of five system transfers per system has been removed
Changed the start-up method of Nintendo 3DS Camera from the HOME Menu:
- Pressing the L and R Buttons simultaneously will now start the Nintendo 3DS Camera from the HOME Menu
Improved system stability and usability:
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
*1 Credit card information stored on the Nintendo eShop will be deleted after this update is performed or after linking a new Nintendo Network ID
*2 SpotPass must be enabled to use this feature.