Just going to pop out to mow the lawn
Remember Starship Troopers? Even as a kid you knew the acting wasn’t very good but you weren’t old enough to recognise the satire of America’s military propoganda – what held you in rapture was the hordes of bugs being savagely mown down by the automatic weapons of the marines. It was glorious and violent.
Now Infested Planet has come to reawaken those feelings of power and helplessness in equal measure. It’s an action-strategy game where you must manouevre your hardened marines in such a way as to keep the alien hordes at bay while you try to destroy their nest. The hook is in the numbers – there’s so many aliens they’re basically an evil cloud you can only keep at bay for so long. Watch the trailer, get ready for enlistment and we’ll bring you a review once the game has launched. Press release below:
Infested Planet puts you in the shoes of a commander holding off the alien swarm in a desperate, heroic last stand. Take charge of your squad and outsmart the unrelenting, mutating enemy hordes. One moment your shotguns are ripping through the aliens, and the next, the aliens grow bullet-proof armor. You must adapt as well. Equip your team with stealth suits, mini-guns, grenade launchers – your commands will decide the battle’s outcome.
• Real time tactical squad combat
• Fight thousands of enemies at once
• Procedural maps and random mutation system keep the game fresh
• Compete with other players for Weekly Challenge supremacy
• A lengthy campaign in which you develop new weapons
• 21 Human weapons and buildings for you to wield
• 33 Alien mutations to keep you on your toes